Bombardier Celebrates Young Artists in India
2014 art competition organized by the High Commission of Canada in India and Bombardier Transportation featuring artwork from youth across India
- High school girl wins grand prize for art competition on women empowerment
- Artwork from youth across India, Nepal and Bhutan was selected from over 2,000 entries received for the 2014 calendar art competition organized by the High Commission of Canada in India and Bombardier Transportation
New Delhi, January 9, 2014 /3BL Media/ – Alisha Mahajan, a 17-year-old student of D.A.V. Public School in Amritsar, Punjab, was named grand prize winner of the 2014 Annual Calendar Art Competition, a joint initiative by the High Commission of Canada in India and rail technology leader Bombardier Transportation. The artwork of 12 other young artists is also featured in the 2014 Calendar.
This year’s calendar showcases gender equality in the workplace and community and is entitled Women Hold up Half the Sky: Equal opportunities for girls and women. Bombardier, a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, endorses Women’s Empowerment Principles as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) commitment. By recruiting and retaining diverse talent across the company, Bombardier promotes gender equality in the workplace, marketplace and community.
The 13 winning young people were celebrated in an award ceremony at the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi. For the third edition of the art competition, the jury reviewed over 2,000 paintings submitted by children and teenagers aged 10 to 18 from India, Nepal and Bhutan.
Harsh Dinghra, Chief Country Representative India, Bombardier Transportation, said: “As a global leader in rail technology and as part of our growth strategy, Bombardier supports various initiatives linked to education, environment and entrepreneurship across the world. This is the third consecutive year Bombardier with the High Commission of Canada has organized this art competition. Given the importance, being placed on women issues in India, it is noteworthy to see the vision, excitement and creativity of India's youth in addressing the theme of gender equality.”
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies – built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology – conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance for operators and passengers. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.
Bombardier is the world’s only manufacturer of both planes and trains. Looking far ahead while delivering today, Bombardier is evolving mobility worldwide by answering the call for more efficient, sustainable and enjoyable transportation everywhere. Our vehicles, services and, most of all, our employees are what make us a global leader in transportation.
Bombardier is headquartered in Montréal, Canada. Our shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD) and we are listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America Indexes. In the fiscal year ended December 31, 2012, we posted revenues of $16.8 billion. News and information are available at bombardier.com or follow us on Twitter @Bombardier.
Note to Editors
The List of winners is as follows:
1. Alisha Mahajan, D.A.V. Public School, Amritsar
2. Utsav Teji, D.A.V. Public School, Amritsar
3. Aakash Singh Bais, Apeejay School, Noida
4. Rupali Goel, Vishwa Bharati Public School, Noida
5. Rahul Rajendra Sawant, Ramnivas Ruia College, Mumbai
6. Nitish Agrawal, Vishwa Bharati Public School, Noida
7. Renee Chandrakant Tejani, Delhi Public School, Surat
8. M. Nevis Catherin, Vani Vidyalaya Senior Secondary and Junior College, Chennai
9. Ridhik Rewal, Ryan International School, Mayur Vihar, New Delhi
10. Subhradeeep Ray, St Xavier’s Institution, Kolkata
11. B Shipra, DAV Girls Senior Secondary School, Chennai
12. S.Rithika, Annai Veilankanni’s Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Chennai
13. Dishaddra Poddar, Ryan International School, Mayur Vihar, New Delhi
For news releases, related material and photos, visit our media centre at
Follow Bombardier Transportation on Twitter @BombardierRail.
BOMBARDIER and ECO4 are trademarks of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries.
Australia and New Zealand: +61 3 9794 2223
Canada: +1 450 441 3007
China: +86 10 8517 2268
Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Central and Eastern Europe: +49 30 98607 1134
Immo von Fallois
France, Benelux and North Africa: +33 6 07 78 95 38
India and Japan: +91 7 838 660 093
Mexico: +52 55 5093 7714
Nordic and Baltic Countries: +46 10 852 5213
South East Asia: +65 6478 6235
Southern Africa and Middle East: +49 30 98607 1147
Southern Europe and South America: +35 1 919 693 728
UK: +44 7971 850 606
USA: +1 450 441 3007