Whirlpool Corporation and KB Home Reveal Greenbuild KB Home ProjeKt at 2016 Expo
Energy-efficient appliances by Whirlpool Corporation help Greenbuild KB Home ProjeKt showcase high-performance, sustainable homes today and in the future
BENTON HARBOR, Mich., Oct. 4, 2016 /3BL Media/ — Leading appliance manufacturer Whirlpool Corporation and KB Home, one of the country’s largest homebuilders, will debut the latest product of their 20-year relationship at Greenbuild International Conference and Expo in Los Angeles Oct. 5-6.
The KB Home ProjeKt is a next-generation idea and learning program that aims to discover how to build better homes and neighborhoods for the future, showcasing concepts of modern housing in 2020 and 2050. While the latter date anticipates the future of sustainable living through futuristic concepts, the 2020 model contains some of the most innovative and sustainable appliances available today.
“Whirlpool Corporation is proud to be part of the effort to make high-performance, sustainable and efficiently operating homes,” said Bob Bergeth, general manager of Contract Builder Sales at Whirlpool Corporation. “Together with our partners, we are exploring how to create homes that are on the leading edge of sustainability, while also ensuring they remain affordable.”
Innovation and sustainability have long been core values for Whirlpool Corporation. Through a 46-year commitment to sustainability, Whirlpool Corporation has developed partnerships with homebuilders that strive to improve energy efficiency in their homes. Together, Whirlpool Corporation and builders are making net zero energy housing realistic for residents across the country.
The following KitchenAid and Whirlpool brand major appliances were used in the KB Home ProjeKt for maximum energy efficiency:
- KitchenAid® 24" 5-Cycle/6-Option Dishwasher, Architect® Series II: The KitchenAid® Architect® Series II dishwasher features the AquaSense™ Recycling System, which uses less water without sacrificing cleaning and drying performance.
- KitchenAid® 36" 5-Element Induction Cooktop, Architect® Series II: This cooktop combines precision and speed. Electromagnetic technology directly heats the pan while keeping the cooktop surface cool to the touch.
- KitchenAid® 30" Single Wall Oven with Even-Heat™ True Convection: This 30" Single Wall Oven with Even-Heat™ True Convection provides consistent heating and even cooking. The oven’s bold design details are the perfect balance of elegance and functionality.
- KitchenAid® 20.9 Cu. Ft. 36" Width Built-In Panel Ready Platinum Interior Bottom Mount Refrigerator: While this built-in panel ready bottom mount refrigerator integrates seamlessly with cabinetry, its true beauty lies inside. The Platinum Interior Design features silver walls that harmonize with the metallic accents on shelves, crisper and baskets of this left-swing door refrigerator.
- Whirlpool® 4.2 cu. ft. Front Load Washer with Closet-Depth Fit1: Whirlpool® Closet Depth Front Load Washer boasts eco-friendly designs to save space and energy. The innovative detergent dosing aid system in the Front Load washer stores up to 12 loads2 worth of laundry detergent, so families don’t have to worry about refilling for each load.
- Whirlpool® 7.4 cu. ft. HybridCare™ Heat Pump Dryer: The ENERGY STAR® Certified high-efficiency electric dryer easily installs in more places thanks to the HybridCare™ true ventless heat pump technology. The HybridCare™ dryer merges both heat pump and ventless technologies to solve key challenges when it comes to dryers – energy usage, gentle care for clothing and identifying an appropriate space to vent outside.
The display at the 2016 Greenbuild Show and Expo will include assemblies and systems, home tours, interactive educational features, and a digital wall display. Whirlpool Corporation sustainability experts will also be available during the show at booth 2701. For more information about Whirlpool Corporation, its portfolio of brands and other offerings for industry professionals, please visit InsideAdvantage.com.
ABOUT WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul,Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com, or find us on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
1 Designed to fit a 33" installation depth
2 Based on an 8-lb load