Sustainable Brands® Community Continues to Lead with Brand Innovation Conference
Avery Dennison, LEGO, and Levi Strauss & Co. among confirmed speakers for SB’14 San Diego in June
SAN FRANCISCO, February 5, 2014 /3BL Media/ - Sustainable Brands® is gearing up for Sustainable Brands ‘14 San Diego, the community’s largest international gathering, which will take place June 2-5, 2014, at Paradise Point Resort & Spa in San Diego, CA. The event will convene top brand, sustainability, and design executives along with thought leaders from global corporations, NGOs, and academia.
This year’s theme – Reimagine, Redesign, Regenerate – will focus on innovative business models, product designs, employee engagement programs, and co-creative partnerships that are delivering solid business results while regenerating local and global economies. Over 2,500 global business leaders and executives are expected to gather from companies including Coca-Cola, Target, Johnson & Johnson, EY, Del Monte, Steelcase, The Nature Conservancy, Microsoft, Goodwill, plus others. Some notable speakers set to present include:
· Tim Brooks, Senior Director, Environmental Sustainability at LEGO, sharing thoughts on reimagining supply chain engagement programs
· Michael Kobori, Vice President, Social and Environmental Sustainability at Levi Strauss & Co., presenting on redesigning products with a systems perspective
· Dean Scarborough, Chairman, President and CEO at Avery Dennison, speaking on regenerating win-win relationships with stakeholders
· Neil Grimmer, Co-Founder and President at Plum Organics, discussing ideas on reimagining shared value creation and converting it to earned media
· Andy Savitz, Author, Talent, Transformation, and the Triple Bottom Line, sharing ideas on redesigning employee engagement incentives and human resources policies
· Greg Norris, Co-Director at SHINE, Harvard School of Public Health, speaking on regenerating positive contributions through 'handprinting'
“Brand leadership today requires that companies commit to becoming net positive contributors to the regenerative economy of tomorrow,” says KoAnn Vikoren Skrzyniarz, Founder of Sustainable Brands. “Notable brands are redesigning every aspect of their business, from brand purpose to business models, and from packaging to operational procedures. The Sustainable Brands community exists to spotlight these brand innovations and mainstream their success stories leading to an accelerated shift toward a global sustainable economy.”
The first day of the four-day program will consist of workshops, and the following three conference days will be filled with plenary speakers, breakout sessions, and evening events.
SB ’14 San Diego will also feature SB Innovation Open 2014. Sponsored by Target, this competition showcases environmentally and socially-conscious startups with novel business ideas that contribute to a sustainable future. Attendees will benefit by being among the first to garner inspiration from these new ideas and to further reach their sustainability goals through new business partnerships.
Registration for this event is now open. Information can be found by visiting the conference website at www.sb14sd.com or downloading the brochure. Sponsor opportunities are still available for companies who have innovative tools and technologies that support business success in sustainability. Contact Jonathan Reese at 415.626.2212 for sponsor packages.
About Sustainable Brands
Sustainable Brands® is the premier global community of brand innovators who are shaping the future of commerce worldwide. Since 2006, our mission has been to inspire, engage and equip today’s business and brand leaders to prosper for the near and long term by leading the way to a better future. Digitally published news articles and issues-focused conversation topics, internationally known conferences and regional events, a robust e-learning library and peer-to-peer membership groups all facilitate community learning and engagement throughout the year. Sustainable Brands is hosted by Sustainable Brands Worldwide, a division of Sustainable Life Media headquartered in San Francisco, CA.