Sustainable Brands Releases Program Details for New Metrics ‘17 Conference
Speakers from Johnson & Johnson, Danone and WWF International among those confirmed to share advances in the metrics around social and environmental value
SAN FRANCISCO, September 7, 2017 /3BL Media/ - Sustainable Brands® recently unveiled program details and speaker lineup for New Metrics '17, scheduled for November 13 -15 in Philadelphia, PA. Gathering together over 350 business executives, sustainability strategists and financial leaders from across the globe, New Metrics focuses on cutting-edge ideas and tools for quantifying previously-ignored risks, costs and revenue potential associated with sustainability impacts.
Over 75 speakers from leading organizations such as EY, CDP and The Sustainability Consortium will collaborate with executives attending from Avery Dennison Corp., Williams-Sonoma, Future-Fit Foundation and others to share leading edge corporate initiatives and metrics that help business leaders manage their organizations and value chains better.
This year’s conference will feature content in 4 unique tracks: Financial & Investor Relations, Strategy & Operations, Supply Chain, and Human Resources. For the first time ever, New Metrics will begin with four orientation Boot Camps, one for each track of the event, to provide a rigorous deep-dive into these conference topics.
Key discussion topics and featured speakers presented at New Metrics this year include:
- Katie Schmitz Eulitt, Strategic Advisor, Stakeholder Outreach at SASB, will explore the evolution of investors’ sentiments about sustainability, focusing on the pain points leading to investor dissatisfaction with the quality of ESG disclosure to date.
- John Schulz, Director of Sustainability Integration at AT&T, will divulge key lessons from the company’s “10x” goal, an ambitious goal to enable carbon savings for its customers that are 10 times the footprint of its own operations by 2025.
- Leaders from PwC, Genentech and Buzzword will review best practices for creating meaningful sustainability-focused employee engagement programs.
- EcoAct Group, a company designed to help other businesses define, manage and highlight their climate strategy, will lead a special lunch keynote session on their current initiatives and leadership in the area of carbon neutrality and climate risk reduction.
- Kevin Moss, Global Director of the Business Center at World Resources Institute, will address the threat of growing consumption and discuss how companies can continue to thrive in a resource-constrained world.
- Experts from BASF and The Crown Estate will present promising new tools for illustrating the extra value generation by purposeful systems-oriented innovation.
- John Frey, Senior Technologist, IT Efficiency and Sustainability at Hewlett Packard Enterprise will share how the company looked beyond reputation to revenue, and successfully made sustainability a key business driver.
- Karen Guggenheim, Founder and CEO of WOHASU and Co-Founder of the World Happiness Summit, will summarize key results from the latest World Happiness Report, as well as other indices and deep experiential data, explaining what research tells us about the future of people’s relationships with business and the global economy.
“The data supports that brands that understand how to create, measure and manage new forms of value for their stakeholders are winning the financial game as well,” states KoAnn Vikoren Skrzyniarz, founder of Sustainable Brands. “We are just beginning to tap the business opportunity for these new forms of value in the 21st century. Our New Metrics conference lays the groundwork for managing that opportunity for the future.”
Proud supporters of this event include BASF as Principal sponsor and EcoAct Group as Premier sponsor. Supporting sponsors include NatureBank, South Pole Group, Trucost, Supply Shift and Cool Choices. Additional partners include Wharton IGEL, Ceres, SustainAbility, the American Sustainable Business Council, Sustainable Packaging Coalition, Triple Pundit and others.
For further information on the conference program and a complete list of confirmed speakers and sponsors, please visit the conference website at www.NewMetrics17.com. Sponsorship opportunities are still available for companies who wish to demo their products or showcase their thought-leadership in the area of New Metrics. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415.626.2212.
About Sustainable Brands
Sustainable Brands® is the premier global community of brand innovators who are shaping the future of commerce worldwide. Since 2006, our mission has been to inspire, engage and equip today’s business and brand leaders to prosper for the near and long term by leading the way to a better future. Digitally published news articles and issues-focused conversation topics, internationally known conferences and regional events, a robust e-learning library and peer-to-peer membership groups all facilitate community learning and engagement throughout the year. Sustainable Brands is a division of Sustainable Life Media headquartered in San Francisco, CA.