For Sixth Consecutive Year, Human Rights Campaign Names MGM Resorts International One of the “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality”
- The company was the first in the gaming and hospitality industry to formally adopt a diversity initiative (2000) and to offer health benefits to same-sex couples (2004).
- In 2004, MGM Resorts was a founding partner of the Las Vegas chapter of the Human Rights Campaign.
- MGM Resorts has sponsored the Las Vegas PRIDE Parade for 12 years, most recently serving as the presenting sponsor.
- In 2011, MGM Resorts expanded its supplier and construction diversity programs to include lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBTQ)-owned firms.
- In 2013, MGM Resorts donated $300,000 to The Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Southern Nevada to support the construction and opening of its new building.
- Years before same-sex marriage was legalized, same-sex commitment ceremonies were performed at chapels at MGM Resorts’ properties, which continue to develop specialized marriage ceremony offerings and outreach to same-sex couples.
About the Human Rights Campaign
The Human Rights Campaign Foundation is the educational arm of America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual transgender and queer people. HRC envisions a world where LGBTQ people are embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.