Scholarships Available to the Living Future 2022 Online Conference Focused on Restoration + Justice
Dr. Robert D. Bullard, “Father of Environmental Justice,” Peter Templeton, CEO of US Green Building Council and Michiel Bakker, VP of Global Workplace Programs at Google join the event
SEATTLE, April 8, 2022 /3BL Media/ - With a focus on restoration and justice, Living Future 2022 will convene more than a thousand leaders online to share insights and strategies to address intersecting challenges of climate change, racial injustice and environmental health.
To promote diversity and inclusion, Living Future 2022 has dozens of scholarships available for people who would not otherwise be able to participate. The Living Future 2022 Scholarship was established with the goal to support access to events and to provide resources for individuals from traditionally under-served and under-represented communities.
Held online from May 2-13, the annual Living Future 2022 Conference will unite a community of deep-green thought leaders, practitioners, and healthy materials providers focused on the built environment.
New to the program: Dr. Robert Bullard, Distinguished Professor at the Barbara Jordan-Mickey Leland School of Public Affairs, Texas Southern University, Peter Templeton, CEO of the US Green Building Council, and Michiel Bakker, Vice President of Global Workplace Programs at Google have been recently added.
The opening keynote, “Our Common Living Future,” will feature Lindsay Baker, CEO of the International Living Future Institute, in conversation with Mary Davidge, a design strategist who was recently Google’s Director of Global Design. Indigenous rights activist and attorney Sherri Mitchell, author of Sacred Instructions: Indigenous Wisdom for Living Spirit-Based Change will also present a keynote address. Plenary session speakers include Renée Lertzman, PhD, a psychological strategist who works to scale impactful engagement on ESG, climate, and ecology, and Panama Bartholomy, the Director of the Building Decarbonization Coalition, a multi-sector forum advocating and creating solutions for our pollution-intensive building stock.
The event will also feature interactive sessions in ten content tracks, including climate justice, zero carbon, materials, and ecological restoration. Each day, the event will begin with remarks from one of LF22’s visionary track chairs, which include:
- Antoine Bryant, City of Detroit
- Robin Grossinger, San Francisco Estuary Institute
- Oliver Heath, Oliver Heath Design Ltd
- Monika Henn, Urban Land Institute
- Avinash Rajagopal, Metropolis Magazine
- Lotte Schlegel, Institute for Market Transformation
- Kate Simonen, Carbon Leadership Forum
- Julia Africa, Biophilic Design and Public Health Consultant
- Elizabeth Rush, Author, Rising: Dispatches from the New American Shore
- Daphany Rose Sanchez, Kinetic Communities Consulting
Content Highlights and Events
- LF22 is sponsored by Google, which is providing 50 Living Future 2022 Scholarships to students, young professionals, or other under-represented communities. Additional scholarship sponsors include Glumac and SmithGroup. Applications for scholarships can be submitted online: https://bit.ly/3w6oHS7
- Steven R. Kellert Biophilic Design Awards sponsored by Glumac and Mecho.
- ILFI Awards Ceremony and recognition event, celebrating the world’s most pioneering and ambitious regenerative design projects
- Daily Living Future Showcase sessions, featuring a PAE thought leadership panel on May 2nd, including the launch of their new Ecotone Publishing book, The PAE Living Building: Developer-Led, Nature-Inspired, which documents the process of creating the PAE Living Building in Portland, Oregon, which is designed to last 500 years.
- Living Future Hero Awards recipients will be announced at LF22 on Friday, May 13, 2022. The awards celebrate individuals in the regenerative design community who exceed expectations in environmental advocacy, and champion Living Future projects and products.
Media Credentials Available
To apply for a press credential for this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include “LF22” in the subject line. An application is not a guarantee that you will receive a credential, as space is limited.
Qualified press credential applicants include working members of print, broadcast, and/or online media. Please include your full contact details, job title, and outlet name, a letter of assignment (if you are a freelance journalist), and examples of recent articles published. No journalists, photographers, or camera crews will be considered without reference to the above. Press credentials are available at the discretion of the International Living Future Institute.
For more information, please visit https://www.livingfutureconference.org/event/c1fcb69d-04c5-4d74-bdd6-cec2a7a2e500/summary
About the International Living Future Institute
The International Living Future Institute is a global nonprofit organization that inspires the greenest buildings for a healthy world. The Institute’s mission is to advance communities that are socially just, culturally rich, and ecologically restorative. ILFI operates the Living Building Challenge, the world’s most ambitious, advanced, and holistic performance standard for green, resilient, and healthy buildings. It is also a hub for many other visionary programs that support the transformation toward--and provide a compelling vision for--a living future accessible to all. Learn more at www.living-future.org.