RB Publishes Sustainability Report Showing Good Progress on Targets and Commitment to UN’s 2030 Sustainable Development Goals
RB, the world’s leading consumer health and hygiene company, today launched both its 2016 Sustainability Report and its Annual Report and Financial Statements.
The 2016 Sustainability Report outlines RB’s new sustainably governance structure as well as the company’s progress towards its 2020 environmental and social goals. Key highlights include:
- 19.1% reduction in waste per unit of production against the original target of 20% by 2020. The target has thus been raised to a 30% reduction by 2020
- 31.8% reduction in water use per unit of production - on track to achieve the 2020 target of a 35% reduction
- 25% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions - on track to meet the 2020 target of a 40% reduction
- 365 million people received health and hygiene messaging - on track to meet the 2020 target of 400 million people
- In 2016, 13.2% of Net Revenue came from more sustainable products (amounting to over £1 billion) – against a target of a third by 2020.
Rakesh Kapoor, CEO, commented:
“While we have made excellent progress on a number of our 2020 sustainability goals, we are challenging ourselves to make an even bigger difference to society. Specifically, RB is making a commitment to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals 3, 5 and 6 covering health, gender equality, and clean water and sanitation. Business has a critical part to play in supporting the UN’s 2030 ambitions and RB will outline its progress in future Sustainability Reports.”
Read the report here: www.sustainabilityreport2016.rb.com
Notes to editors
- This is the second year running that RB has released its Sustainability Report and Annual Report simultaneously
- This reflects RB’s integrated approach to financial, social and environmental performance, which is a key principle of the company’s betterbusiness strategy.
RB* is the world’s leading consumer health and hygiene company. The company has operations in over 60 countries, with headquarters in London, Dubai and Amsterdam, and sales in most countries across the globe. The company employs approximately 35,000 people worldwide.
Led by a purpose of providing innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, RB is amongst the top 10 companies listed on the London Stock Exchange. It is the global No 1 or No 2 in the majority of its fast-growing categories, driven by an exceptional focus on innovation. RB’s Health, Hygiene and Home portfolio is led by its global Powerbrands including Nurofen, Strepsils, Gaviscon, Mucinex, Durex, Scholl, Clearasil, Lysol, Dettol, Veet, Harpic, Cillit Bang, Mortein, Finish, Vanish, Calgon, Air Wick, Woolite and French’s. Powerbrands represent approximately 80% of RB’s net revenue.
RB is redefining the world of consumer health and hygiene. Its people and unique culture are at the heart of its success. It has a drive for achievement and a passion to outperform wherever it focuses, including sustainability where it is targeting a 1/3 reduction in water impact, a 1/3 reduction in carbon and 1/3 of net revenue from more sustainable products. RB is proud to lead the Save a Child a Minute campaign, which aims to eliminate child deaths from diarrhoea, one of the world’s largest killers of children under 5. For more information visit www.rb.com
*RB is the trading name of Reckitt Benckiser group of companies