Points of Light Launches The Civic 50 2024 Survey to Recognize America’s Top Corporate Citizenship Companies
December 1, 2023 /3BL/ - Points of Light, a nonpartisan, global nonprofit organization dedicated to accelerating people-powered change, launched The Civic 50 annual survey on Dec. 1, 2023, which will remain open through March 14, 2024. Points of Light will host an informational webinar for interested companies on Dec. 13, at 12 p.m. ET to review the survey sections, benefits of participating and benchmarking reports. The survey and additional details can be accessed on the applicant information page, including key dates, FAQ, eligibility requirements and a list of survey questions.
For more than 10 years, The Civic 50 has recognized the 50 most community-minded companies in the nation as determined by an annual survey. Since it was launched in 2012, The Civic 50 award has become the preeminent corporate social impact recognition program that creates a roadmap for companies committed to using their time, talent and resources to drive social impact in their business and communities.
“Businesses are uniquely positioned to play a critical role in strengthening our communities and healing our divides, and they’re increasingly being asked to step up as leaders” said Jennifer Sirangelo, president and CEO, Points of Light. “The Civic 50 provides a framework to measure and accelerate social impact programs, share best practices, and recognize the top companies who are creating transformational change.”
The Civic 50 honorees are public and private companies with U.S. operations and revenues of at least $1 billion and are selected based on four dimensions of their U.S. community engagement program:
- Investment: How the company strategically invests its resources in community engagement and social impact, including employee time and skills, cash, in-kind giving and public leadership.
- Integration: How the company integrates its community engagement and social impact programs throughout its business functions and interests (i.e., “doing well by doing good”).
- Institutionalization: How the company institutionalizes its community engagement and social impact programs through organizational policies, systems and incentives.
- Impact: How the company measures the social and business impact outcomes of its community engagement and social impact programs.
The Civic 50 provides value to companies by helping:
- CSR teams create a roadmap for evaluating, improving and scaling their social impact and community engagement programs.
- Senior executives easily communicate their company’s commitment to addressing social issues that are important to key stakeholders and investors.
- Marketing and PR teams showcase their company’s positive community and social impact.
- Employees connect with and celebrate their company’s community engagement and social impact work.
The Civic 50 survey is administered by True Impact, a company specializing in helping organizations maximize and measure their social and business value and analyzed by VeraWorks. The survey instrument consists of quantitative and multiple-choice questions that inform The Civic 50 scoring process. For more information, please visit: pointsoflight.org/the-civic-50.
About Points of Light
Points of Light is a global nonprofit organization that inspires, equips and mobilizes millions of people to take action that changes the world. We envision a world in which every individual discovers the power to make a difference, creating healthy communities in vibrant, participatory societies. Through 145 affiliates across 39 countries, and in partnership with thousands of nonprofits and corporations, Points of Light engages 3.7 million volunteers in 16.7 million hours of service each year, contributing $498.7 million of value in people power into communities around the world. We bring the power of people to bear where it’s needed most. To learn more about Points of Light visit pointsoflight.org.
About True Impact
True Impact is a social impact reporting solution that helps Fortune 500 companies and their nonprofit partners measure how much their philanthropy benefits society. For more information, visit trueimpact.com.
VeraWorks is a global firm that advises and supports companies on ESG (environment social governance), CSR (corporate social responsibility) and purpose, including on how to offer employees the opportunity to do societal good through their everyday jobs. For more information, visit veraworks.com.