Making Waves: the Strategic Investor Initiative's CEO Investor Forum
SII Vantage Point Volume 2, Issue 2: Into the “Mainstream”
The third CEO Investor Forum, held on February 26 in New York City, has received a lot of attention in the media as the effort to end short-termism on Wall Street gains increasing traction. Responsible Investor and the Financial Times wrote pre-event sneak peeks and Business Insider wrote five articles coming out of the CEO Investor Forum:
- Merck’s CEO Kenneth Frazier described how the company uses its “materiality matrix” to create the company’s long-term strategy in addressing long-term risks and opportunities
- Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky was featured in an article that outlined how executive performance is benchmarked against the company’s credo – or as the author of the article put it, a “75-year-old essay”.
- The Strategic Investor Initiative’s (SII) Investor Letter received some ink after Vanguard Chairman and SII Co-Chair Bill McNabb outlined the 7 questions every CEO should answer.
- Business Insider most recently published an overview of Unilever CEO Paul Polman’s speech, after Polman noted his 10-year strategic plan has been for the purpose of keeping Unilever healthy and relevant for years to come. Polman also gained attention in a pair of articles about handling the Kraft Heinz unsolicited takeover bid and that he would have rather invested a 5 billion Euro buy back into the company and its products.
- Integrated reporting expert and Visiting Professor at the University of Oxford Bob Eccles wrote an excellent summary article on Forbes.com.