Looking for Partners to Collectively Raise Awareness About Childhood Cancer
Childhood cancer is the leading cause of death by disease among children in the United States. Every day, 42 children are diagnosed with cancer and the average age of diagnosis is 6. Yet, in the last 20 years, only 2 cancer medications have been specifically developed to help these children.
What Can You Do? Participate.
On September 8, 2014, America’s Charities is joining forces with our member charity, CureSearch for Children’s Cancer, and our workplace giving partners to collectively raise awareness about childhood cancer and we invite your company and employees to join us.
One way we’re raising awareness is through a video that we would like you to be part of. Here’s how:
- We will send you a selection of signs that have facts about childhood cancer.
- Gather a group of your employees who are interested in being involved and ask them to wear a yellow or gold color shirt (Gold is the official color of childhood cancer).
- Take a group photo of your employees wearing yellow/gold, and take a couple photos of individual employees (or pairs of employees) holding the signs with facts about childhood cancer.
- Email those photos and your logo to America’s Charities (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and we will include you in our CureSearch Day video (You will get to see the video before it is shared).
- On September 8th, we will share the video on our website, social networks and blog here on 3BL Media. 100,000+ CSR Professionals, Institutional Investors, Analysts, NGOs, Social Entrepreneurs, MBA students and Journalists will be exposed to the video, and in turn will share the video with their networks – resulting in a ripple effect of awareness about childhood cancer. We also encourage your company to share the video on your website and social networks.
- We can provide you with example social media messages and copy for your website.
Email America’s Charities at email@example.com to let us know you would like to be part of the CureSearch Day 2014 video and we will send you the materials you need. Also, if you would like to integrate CureSearch Day 2014 into your other workplace giving and employee engagement plans, let us know and we can assist you with that.
Download this as a PDF: