KeyCorp Releases 2014 Corporate Responsibility Report
Report shows more than $2 billion invested in renewable energy by the end of 2014, multiple recognitions for corporate diversity and inclusion
May 26, 2015 /3BL Media/ - Today, KeyCorp (NYSE: KEY) released its 2014 Corporate Responsibility (CR) Report, highlighting the organization’s responsible approach to banking, citizenship and operations. The annual report shares data related to KeyBank's products and services, diversity and inclusion, philanthropy, community development, and sustainability efforts. Major findings of the 2014 CR Report include more than $2 billion in renewable energy investments by the end of the year, as well as multiple recognitions and honors for the bank's corporate diversity work.
“We are very proud to present our fourth annual report on our responsible business and banking practices," said Bruce Murphy, EVP and head of the Corporate Responsibility group at KeyBank. "Balancing mission and margin is the framework that we use to conduct business across the bank, allowing us to bring value not only to our shareholders, but our customers, as well. This report demonstrates our continued commitment to bettering the lives of the various communities that we serve, both internally and externally."
KeyCorp's annual CR Report aligns with data collection guidelines issued by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI). As the most widely used CR reporting framework in the world, GRI aids corporations in organizing their corporate responsibility efforts and sharing results with stakeholders. The report includes data points for the calendar year ending December 31, 2014.
The report profiles KeyCorp’s 2014 CR successes, including:
- The creation of the Corporate Responsibility Council, an internal governing body comprised of senior leaders across the bank that ensures the entire bank adheres to CR standards
- More than $2 billion invested in renewable energy by the end of 2014, which has the potential to power the equivalent of more than two million homes in the U.S.
- Recognition by DiversityInc within the 2014 Top 50 Companies for Diversity, Top 10 Companies for Supplier Diversity and Top 10 Companies for Diversity Councils lists
- Recognition within the 2014 Human Rights Campaign Best Companies for LGBT Equality list
- A spend of 11.8 percent of the bank's corporate budget with women-, veteran- and minority-owned businesses, exceeding a goal of 10 percent
- Approximately $18 million granted to nonprofits across the nation in the form of philanthropy, corporate contributions and volunteerism
- A 22 percent reduction in Scope 1 and 2 emissions over the bank's 2009 baseline, exceeding the goal for 2016
- A 71 percent waste to landfill diversion rate
To view KeyCorp's full 2014 CR Report, visit www.key.com/CRReport.
KeyCorp (NYSE: KEY) was organized more than 160 years ago and is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. One of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, Key has assets of approximately $94 billion.
Key provides deposit, lending, cash management and investment services to individuals, small and medium-sized businesses under the name of KeyBank N.A. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. For more information, visit https://www.key.com/. KeyBank is Member FDIC.