Infographic: Product Compliance Checklist
A guideline to ensure that your company’s product compliance is on track
Apr 9, 2015 9:00 AM ET
BEST-IN-CLASS PRODUCT COMPLIANCE: GOING BEYOND THE 4 WALLS - KEY STEPS
In Aberdeen's recent report, Best-in-Class Product Compliance: Going Beyond the Four Walls, Aberdeen looked at the Best-in-Class practices that manufacturers have established, related to product compliance, across all of their supply partners, and how their supply chain organizations are responding to support the compliance requirements. The following checklist provides a guideline to ensure that your company’s product compliance is on track and focused on the key priorities to keep your company in compliance and out of the news.
- Standardize the process for designing, sourcing and validating products for materials compliance.
- Establish a cross-functional team to ensure compliance from design, sourcing, delivery and disposal of product.
- Establish a process to assess/track supplier compliance.
- Ensure the scope of the Chief Supply Chain Officer includes procurement/sourcing, supply chain planning, and distribution/warehousing and logistics.
- Concentrate on improving visibility upstream to your suppliers in order to become more proactive, rather than reactive, to issues.
- Move beyond the four walls and create/support the supplier collaboration initiative that improves visibility.
- Develop and improve workflows to incorporate upstream milestones in the product compliance monitoring to leverage early warnings and red flag issues.
- Target Sourcing and Procurement as the number one area in supply chain to invest on technology for improvement.
- Get ahead of the upstream supplier problems that might affect product compliance and act proactively to keep your company in compliance and out of the news.
To read the full report visit www.enablon.com or follow this link: bit.ly/1uksAIf