Impact Investing Happens in NYC: Investors' Circle Launches New Local Network
Hold the date for IC's first meeting: Monday, July 22, 2013 5:00 – 7:00pm
June 20, 2013 /3BL Media/ - Investors' Circle is excited to announce the launch of IC NYC, IC's newest local impact investing network.
Impact Investors: IC NYC will allow for in-person networking and deal review for Investors’ Circle members and guest impact investors in the New York metro area. Engage monthly with other New York investors and impact entrepreneurs while supporting New York’s impact marketplace. Your access to IC NYC meetings and the IC nationwide network allows you to leverage IC’s deep expertise, extensive resources across the country, and local tools to support and scale promising impact enterprises in the New York area. Mark your calendar for July 22nd to attend and RSVP here.
Impact Entrepreneurs: IC NYC will provide monthly opportunities for high-growth, high-impact enterprises to pitch to local investors and gain access to the IC community. This is a new monthly opportunity to pitch your impact enterprise to investors in the local New York area. Read our criteria and apply here for the opportunity to present at a future IC NYC meeting. Our application fee has been reduced to $50 and our first meeting is July 22.
IC’s broad sectors of interest include the following:
· Energy and Environment
· Sustainable Consumer Products
· Impact Software & Media
· Global Health & Wellness
· Community & Economic Development
Investors and Entrepreneurs: Share this news with colleagues, investors, and entrepreneurs looking for impact capital.
- Since 1992, IC members have invested $172MM into more than 270 high-growth, high-impact companies.
- Last year the IC network made 29 investments totaling over $12MM.
- The Angel Resource Institute ranked Investors’ Circle the 7th most active network in the 2012 annual HALO Report.
- IC Philadelphia has more than 20 members who together have invested over $1MM, and this year the network announced a $500K pledge to support Philadelphia-incubated impact enterprises.
Investors’ Circle New York City: Impact Investing Happens Here
Host location: Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe
51 West 52nd Street, 23rd floor
52nd X 6th Avenue
New York, NY 10019-6142
RSVP to Jill Newbold here
Thanks to support from the New York State Energy and Development Authority and Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP,