Hormel Foods Receives Numerous Awards for Corporate Responsibility Report
AUSTIN, Minn., January 16, 2018 /3BL Media/ – Hormel Foods (NYSE: HRL) announced today that it has received several awards for its 2016 Corporate Responsibility Report. The company’s annual report provides information about the company’s goals and progress as a leading corporate citizen.
The American Society of Professional Communicators awarded the company with a Colonial Award for Excellence in the best interactive online experience and best photography and graphic design categories. The company also received a W3 Award in the website features – visual appeal and general website categories.
“It is important to be transparent and to provide information about our corporate responsibility efforts to our stakeholders,” said Kelly Braaten, external communications manager at Hormel Foods. “We are proud to be recognized for the communication of Our Food Journey™ to make the world a better place.”
Some of the company’s achievements highlighted in its report include:
- Surpassing its 2020 water reduction goal. In 2016 alone, Hormel Foods implemented projects that reduced water usage by 239 million gallons.
- Conducting more than 2,000 audits to ensure the accountability of its animal welfare standards and also publicly announcing its antibiotic stewardship efforts.
- Continuing its sodium reduction and clean-label initiative efforts. In 2016, Hormel Foods added two additional sodium reduction product categories and initiated 47 clean-label projects.
- Continuing the advancement of its safety and diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Having a record year for charitable giving, with $10.9 million in cash and product donations.
Hormel Foods was ranked No. 8 on the most recent 100 Best Corporate Citizens List by Corporate Responsibility Magazine for its transparency and performance. For more information, visit the 2016 Hormel Foods Corporate Responsibility Report at https://csr.hormelfoods.com/.
About Hormel Foods – Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a global branded food company with over $9 billion in annual revenues across more than 80 countries worldwide. Its brands include Skippy®, SPAM®, Hormel® Natural Choice®, Applegate®, Justin’s®, Wholly Guacamole®, Hormel® Black Label® and more than 30 other beloved brands. The company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, was named one of “The 100 Best Corporate Citizens” by Corporate Responsibility Magazine for the ninth year in a row, and has received numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts. In 2016, the company celebrated its 125th anniversary and announced its new vision for the future - Inspired People. Inspired Food.™ - focusing on its legacy of innovation. For more information, visit www.hormelfoods.com and http://csr.hormelfoods.com/.