Edmond de Rothschild Reports on Its Progress: Building a Sustainable Future
Edmond de Rothschild Group is committed through its strategy to support the shift to a sustainable, low carbon economy and to contribute to the realisation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Group’s fourth annual Sustainability Report illustrates its new brand positioning, “Bold Builders of the Future”, and gives a complete overview of its performance and progress versus its 2020 Sustainability objectives, across its Private Banking, Asset Management and Private Equity activities. The report also highlights how its strong convictions and deep collaboration within the company and with external stakeholders can create opportunities, drive innovation and result in pioneering responsible investment solutions.
Supporting the transition to a sustainable economy through innovation for responsible investment
- 7.9 billion CHF in assets under management (AUM) in the responsible investment category
- 7 investment strategies make a measureable contribution to 14 of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- 94% of the assets managed by Edmond de Rothschild Private Equity are covered by responsible investment strategies
- 55% average increase per year since 2015 in AUM in the impact investing category (Private Equity)
- Creation of a new impact investing strategy for European environmental infrastructures and a new compartment of the infrastructure debt platform dedicated to the theme of the Energy Transition
- Publication of the first “2-degree” Climate Roadmap to guide portfolio decarbonisation within our Asset Management business
Establishing clear rules of the game to ensure ethical and responsible behaviour
- Almost 16,000 hours of training on business ethics & compliance subjects were delivered to employees
- 80% of Group employees have followed at least one Ethics and Compliance training course
Creating a stimulating and productive work environment to support employees
- 98% of employees attended at least one training programme
- 95% of employees participated in the annual performance review
- 24% of senior managers are women
Managing environmental impact
- 7% reduction in the carbon footprint per employee since 2014
- 3,554 tonnes of CO2 eq. offset through the “insetting” project in Nicaragua with 14,218 trees planted and 67 small-scale coffee farmers positively impacted
- 26% reduction in the paper consumed per employee since 2014
Helping to build a sustainable society, in close collaboration with the Edmond de Rothschild Foundations*
- 525 suppliers were sent the new Responsible Purchasing Charter at Edmond de Rothschild (France)
- 12 European companies with strong positive social and/or environmental impact were supported by 32 of the Group’s employees through programmes to help them scale up their business
The Group is a member of the United Nations Global Compact since 2011. This report was prepared by conforming as much as possible to the Global Reporting Initiative standards. Key performance indicators were verified by PricewaterhouseCoopers, a member of the PwC international network.
* The Edmond de Rothschild Foundations are a network of 10 private foundations under the leadership of Ariane and Benjamin de Rothschild. They are entirely separate and independent from the Edmond de Rothschild Group. In 2017, over 30 projects have been supported and developed by the Edmond de Rothschild Foundations. To find out more about these and other projects click here.
For any further information or feedback, please contact:
Global Head of Sustainability
18 Rue de Hesse