BSR Conference 2014: You Won't Want to Miss This
You Won’t Want to Miss This
In the spirit of transformation—one of our Conference themes this year—we are planning a revamped event next month that you won’t want to miss. While keeping the “best of” elements from our 22 years of experience, we’ve mixed in creative new formats and features for the BSR Conference 2014, taking place November 4-6 in New York. Have a look at what’s ahead!
Join Us Tuesday through Thursday Evening
Following our daytime pre-Conference trainings—still open for registration—we’ll kick off the Conference on Tuesday evening with two speakers, followed a “Taste of the Hudson Valley” networking reception.
Wednesday and Thursday, we’ll bring you two packed days of plenary presentations, intimate breakout sessions, and plenty of networking opportunities. For the first time, we’ll close out the Conference on Thursday evening with a celebratory round of cocktails, dinner, and an inspiring plenary session.
Experience New Session Formats
We’ve developed new session types to foster interaction, ensuring that you have concrete next steps to take back to work.
- ESG Analyst for an Hour: Think Like an Investor will ask participants to collaborate to analyze a company’s environmental, social, and governance exposure and strategy.
- Building Climate Action Step by Step will illustrate how tangible climate actions, or “wedges,” apply in different industries.
- Welcome to the Future: Technology and the Sustainability Challenge will allow participants to work with a futurist and an engineer to identify the sustainability risks and opportunities of new technologies.
- Using Sustainability to Move Markets: Participants will identify the biggest challenges in marketing sustainability and work in groups to create practical solutions for a given product.
We’ll also feature new “Take 10” sessions that highlight the creative sustainability solutions developed through BSR Collaborative Initiatives, including the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network, Center for Sustainable Procurement, and Human Rights Working Group.
Make More Connections with Enhanced Networking Time
Along with our standard breaks, side events, and mobile app, we’ll offer new ways to network. For example:
- We’re bringing back our Food for Thought dinners, offering participants the opportunity to discuss a dedicated sustainable business topic over a meal at a top New York City restaurant.
- BSR Connect will be a physical space at the Conference venue for planned meet ups, impromptu connections, and a showcase of BSR work. The space will provide respite from the hustle and bustle of the crowds before meals and during networking sessions, while still being near the heart of our Conference experience. Expect moveable furniture, lots of greenery, and special food and beverage options. Stay tuned for more information!
Register now: bsr.bz/reg14
Connect with Us
Find the latest information at bsr14.org. Join the conversation on Twitter using #BSR14, and follow us @BSRnews.
A limited number of additional sponsorship opportunities are available. Visit our website for more information.
About the BSR Conference 2014
The BSR Conference 2014 will explore how transparency can transform supply chains, energy and climate, consumer engagement, community impacts, and more, and how businesses are managing differently in a fully transparent world. Join us in New York November 4-6 to discover how transformative technologies, business models, and financial valuations can produce rapid progress on the road to a more just and sustainable future.
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s more than 20 years of leadership in sustainability.