Arrow Electronics Launches Surface-as-a-Service to Help Companies Easily and Sustainably Manage Their Tech Assets
CENTENNIAL, Colo., October 5, 2017 /3BL Media/ - Global technology-solutions provider Arrow Electronics, Inc. (NYSE: ARW) launched a new Surface-as-a-Service offering today that will help companies strategically manage their technology assets throughout the entire device lifecycle—from optimized procurement all the way through sustainable, end-of-life retirement.
“Businesses love the flexibility of Surface as a Service,” said Ryan Gavin, general manager, Microsoft Devices. “We’ve seen customer demand for Surface as a Service steadily increase, in large part because of the work of great collaborators like Arrow. Surface will continue to work with partners to create unique deployment models to provide enterprises with the Surface devices they love, while allowing them to remain agile and grow their bottom line.”
Arrow’s Surface-as-a-Service program provides companies with:
- Full lifecycle device management
- Devices arrive with all company software installed
- Device is tracked through its lifecycle by Arrow
- Full management of the device available, including end-user adoption training and support
- Streamlined refresh and upgrade paths
- Warranty management
- Options can include Microsoft licensing and provide a single invoice each month
“Our new, comprehensive Surface-as-a-Service offering leverages Arrow’s unparalleled global scale and IT-asset-disposition expertise to help companies address all of their end-of-life IT device opportunities and challenges,” said Chuck Kostalnick, senior vice president and chief supply chain officer of Arrow.
The benefits of Arrow’s Surface-as-a-Service offering include:
- A predictable budget for planning purposes with one flat monthly subscription fee
- Tailored services to help organizations move to Windows 10, along with deploying Office 2016 to complete their modern desktop initiatives
- Accurate reporting and environmental compliance
- Secure chain of custody
- Streamlined procurement cycles
- Financing and leasing leveraging Arrow’s Capital Solutions
- Eliminating large, re-occurring costs of hardware refreshes
- Predictable pricing and forecasting through big data insights
- Enhanced residual value of technology assets
- Enabling in-house IT staff to focus on high-impact projects
About Arrow Electronics
Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for more than 125,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 465 locations serving over 90 countries. Learn more at www.fiveyearsout.com.
Arrow Electronics, Inc.