US Coalition on Sustainability Partners With Leading Alliances To Create the World’s Largest Sustainability Action Platform
SustainChain™ becomes the action hub for innovation, investment, and impact for a vast network of sustainability changemakers across sectors and industries
September 20, 2022 /3BL Media/ - The US Coalition on Sustainability, a startup nonprofit organization established in collaboration with the United Nations, today welcomes more than a dozen leading alliances to SustainChain, its digital technology platform for accelerating sustainability solutions and climate action.
Launched in 2021, SustainChain unifies the efforts of innovators, impact investors, businesses, NGOs, and public-private alliances as they contribute to rebuilding supply chains and make critical progress on the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Powered by machine learning, SustainChain users can discover products and solutions to their existing challenges, join forces with others in a collective venture to maximize their impact, or create new initiatives to fill in sustainability gaps.
Since its inception, the SustainChain community has grown to over 1,300 users with the addition of new partners including Design for Freedom by Grace Farms, the State University of New York, United Cities, XPRIZE, and more. This represents a major milestone in the coalition’s effort to connect disparate ecosystems working on sustainability — bringing the theory of global collaboration to a pragmatic potential, where all organizations can exchange solutions, needs, opportunities, and learnings under one digital roof.
From building net zero cities, developing breakthrough tech innovations, to moving entire industries to adopt sustainable practices, these organizations are bringing their networks into SustainChain to get there faster. “The overwhelming interest in SustainChain we have seen validates our core hypothesis: sustainability players need and value access to a neutral, trusted hub where they can instantly access relevant opportunities to advance their sustainability goals, while contributing to our collective progress,” said Jacqueline Corbelli, CEO and Founder of the US Coalition on Sustainability. “We are excited to watch this expanding network of changemakers create the world’s largest sustainability action hub the world has ever seen.”
Built in partnership with Thoughtworks, SustainChain is a public service platform that was recognized as a 2022 Fast Company World Changing Idea honoree in three categories, including AI & Data.
Leading Alliances Join the SustainChain Community
As part of a shared commitment to accelerating collective action on sustainability, the following organizations will use SustainChain as an online hub and action portal to engage and expand their respective communities:
- Design for Freedom by Grace Farms is a movement dedicated to eliminating forced labor in building supply chains. It offers a comprehensive toolkit for architectural, engineering, and construction professionals to help implement ethical sourcing strategies into their own practices.
- Global Alliance for a Sustainable Planet focuses on identifying champions, incubating ideas with system-scale potential, leveraging private finance for public good, garnering lessons learned, and replicating success on a planetary scale. Its goal is to help achieve the climate goals and the SDGs by 2030.
- Global Fashion Agenda is a nonprofit organization that fosters industry collaboration on sustainability in fashion to accelerate impact. With the vision of a net positive fashion industry, it drives action by mobilizing, inspiring, influencing and educating all stakeholders. The organization is behind the renowned international forum on sustainability in fashion, Global Fashion Summit.
- Global Goals Week is a shared commitment between 170+ partners across civil society, business, academia, and the UN system to accelerate action on the SDGs, especially during the UN General Assembly High-level Week.
- Green America is a nonprofit membership organization that harnesses the power of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society. It focuses on four areas of transformation: climate and clean energy, sustainable food and agriculture, responsible investing, and fair labor.
- Knowledge Impact Network unlocks human capital by activating purpose-driven leaders to offer their counsel, connections, knowledge, and insights with promising social enterprises through 90-minute workshops or 3-month deep dive engagements, with the goal of accelerating progress on the SDGs.
- MADE SAFE is a program of Nontoxic Certified, a nonprofit organization that provides America’s first comprehensive human health and ecosystem-focused certification for nontoxic products across store aisles, from baby to personal care to household and beyond.
- New Zero World is a global campaign designed to communicate our collective journey to creating a resilient, new zero world. It is an initiative of the Global Brain Foundation, which is focused on achieving the SDGs with a special focus on climate change.
- The State University of New York is the largest comprehensive university system in the United States representing 64 institutions including research universities, academic medical centers, liberal arts colleges, community colleges, colleges of technology, and an online learning community.
- The Stimson Center’s Alliance for a Climate Resilient Earth is comprised of 150+ organizations across all sectors dedicated to reducing the risk and impact of climate driven events. Its initiatives focus on infrastructure and supply chains, insurance and reinsurance, natural infrastructure, disaster preparedness, and more.
- United Cities is a global program formed in partnership with several UN agencies and other international organizations, committed to supporting SDG 11 by creating sustainable and net zero (smart) cities and communities around the world.
- United Leaders provides whole-person leadership development specifically in the city context. Delivered through learning programs and immersive experiences, United Leaders equips city leaders to accelerate futures inspired by the SDGs.
- World Benchmarking Alliance has developed a series of benchmarks assessing 2,000 of the world’s most influential companies on their contributions to the SDGs. Together with their 320+ global Alliance, they are building a movement that enables transparent dialogue and action towards a more inclusive and sustainable world.
- Women’s Business Development Council is a nonprofit organization that supports economic prosperity for women and strengthens communities through entrepreneurial and financial education services that create sustainable jobs and businesses across Connecticut.
- XPRIZE is a global future-positive movement delivering truly radical breakthroughs for the benefit of humanity. XPRIZE inspires and empowers a global community of problem-solvers to positively impact our world by crowdsourcing solutions through large-scale competitions, tackling the world’s grandest challenges in exploration, environment, and human equity.
- Join SustainChain to discover, connect, and collaborate on sustainability solutions
- Learn more about the US Coalition on Sustainability’s vision
- Read the coalition’s baseline report on the SustainChain community
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
US Coalition on Sustainability