Pride at Clarivate: Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Clarivate has a long history of embracing diversity and inclusion as integral to our core values and Sustainability@Clarivate.
It exemplifies our commitment to delivering the best to our customers. To achieve this, we embrace a strong belief in treating our colleagues with dignity and respect and providing work environments that enable everyone to thrive and succeed.
Today we reflect on Pride Month celebrations, but our commitment to diversity, inclusivity, equity and a sense of true belonging at Clarivate are year-round.
We strengthened this commitment in 2020 when Clarivate CEO, Jerre Stead, signed the CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion pledge, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
By signing the pledge, Jerre made a public commitment to a specific set of actions that he would take to cultivate a trusting environment at Clarivate where all ideas are welcomed, and our colleagues feel comfortable and empowered to have discussions about diversity and inclusion.
This commitment is one that colleagues throughout the organization have also embraced, in word and deed.
An illustration is SPECTRUM, our LGBT+ and Allies group for colleagues that works to drive continuous improvement in company policies and our work environments, providing support and networking opportunities for its members. Its executive sponsor is a member of the Clarivate senior leadership team.
SPECTRUM is one of the colleague resources groups (CRGs) that create global communities within Clarivate where colleagues can learn, grow and connect with others who share common interests or backgrounds and a mission for creating a more inclusive workplace.
Allies are a significant aspect of this initiative, as all colleagues can contribute to workplace inclusivity and diversity. Even seemingly small acts – displaying your pronouns in an email signature, for example, or centering LGBT+ colleagues at discussions and encouraging their thoughts and ideas – can make a big difference.
Our CRGs help us to accelerate internal innovation by supporting and appreciating a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Achieving real outcomes
Today, as we reflect on our World Pride Month celebrations, we see clear outcomes from our commitments to diversity and inclusion as our colleagues celebrate community and taken action.
Every year during the month of June, the global LGBT+ community celebrates with events that recognize the impact of LGBT+ leaders, the journey towards equal recognitions and the lived experiences of LGBT+ people.
This year, SPECTRUM marked this event with virtual celebrations, tempered by the COVID-19 pandemic with continuing social distancing, travel restrictions, lockdowns and remaining uncertainty.
Activities that engaged colleagues virtually across the organization focused on fun (“Be Yourself” selfies), education (what it means to be your authentic self) and well-being (Pride trivia event).
As we continue our work on diversity and inclusivity, we reaffirm our commitment to support all colleagues.
In addition to SPECTRUM, our CRGs also include:
- Women @ Clarivate, a global resource group that is committed to shaping community, a shared support network and mentorship opportunities for women colleagues.
- Vibrant, our resource group focused on racial and ethnic diversity, inclusion and equity. Our goal is to lead the community and unite a diverse workforce through cultural awareness, representation and community engagement.
- Element, a resource group focused on the environment, climate change and raising public awareness of the environment and our impact on it.
- Military Veterans at Clarivate, a global resource group supporting members with military backgrounds, as well as military family members and supporters. Our goal is to foster career growth and establish support networks for new colleagues as they build relationships in the community, through volunteer outreach.
- Clarivate Volunteer Network, a resource group dedicated to sharing time, talent and resources for positive, lasting and meaningful societal impact, locally and globally.
An ongoing commitment to diversity, equity, inclusivity and belonging
During Pride Month and every day, we celebrate our LGBT+ community and are committed to shaping work environments that enable all colleagues to thrive and succeed.
Learn more about our commitment to our LGBT+ colleagues at: clarivate.gay.
LGBT is an initialism that stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender. The initialism, as well as some of its common variants, functions as an umbrella term for sexuality and gender identity.
There is also LGBT+ to encompass spectrums of sexuality and gender.
A popular variant, LGBTQ, adds the letter Q for those who identify as queer or are questioning their sexual or gender identity.