Aramark Celebrates Young Leaders at Annual 40 Under 40 Awards
40 Aramark Employees and Two “Accelerate to Leadership” Program Participants to be Honored During Aramark’s 40 Under 40 Awards Virtual Symposium
PHILADELPHIA, May 4, 2022 /3BL Media/ - This week, in acknowledgement of the commitments and contributions of young professionals in its workplace, Aramark (NYSE:ARMK), a global leader in food, facilities management, and uniforms, will recognize 40 of the company’s brightest young leaders with the second annual Aramark 40 Under 40 Awards.
Aramark’s exceptional young professionals were nominated by their leadership teams, across the enterprise and internationally, based on their line of business and Aramark impact, broader industry influence, and community reach. Members of this year’s 40 Under 40 cohort will be given a unique opportunity to participate in two days of professional development programming hosted by the Aramark Young Professionals (AYP) employee resource group (ERG), which aims to connect, engage, and empower young professionals recently entering the workforce.
“Congratulations to the 2022 40 Under 40 Awards class and our two A2L emerging leaders—thank you for creating experiences that matter every day,” said Carl Mittleman, Executive Sponsor of AYP and Chief Operating Officer, International. “As I look toward the bright future ahead for these individuals, I am in awe of what they’ve been able to achieve in such a short time in the workforce and thank them for their contributions in making Aramark a great place to work.”
The 40 Under 40 Awards professional development program will include a career pathways panel featuring various Aramark leaders, LinkedIn best practices training, learning session dedicated to creating a healthy work/life balance, and more. The two-day event will conclude with a virtual awards ceremony on May 5.
The following award recipients will be recognized for their impact within the organization, industry, and community.
- Judy Breen – Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Zach Cocco – Transactional Services Accounting Supervisor
- Max Cavanaugh – Director of Brand & Innovation
- Michael Pettinelli – Vice President, Global Risk & Insurance
- Patrick Shea – Assistant General Counsel
- Pia Monasterio Blanco – Assistant General Counsel
- Scott Sullivan – Senior Director, Investor Relations and M&A
- Shaady Ghadessy – Service Excellence Director
- Brianna Rushing – Food Service Manager
- Nicole McVaugh – Director, IN2WORK
- Brian Smith – Conference Planning Manager
- Jerod Viers – Director of Operations
- Molly Bortin – General Manager
- Stephanie Goodson – Chef Manager
- Vanessa Mowrer – General Manager
- Brooke Miner – Operations Manager
- Elcra Brown – District Manager
- Katie Pokorny – General Manager
- Melinda Molnar – Quality & Standards Manager
- Tonya Gray – Director of Innovation and Quality
- Adrienne Gebele – General Manager
- Frank Peacock – General Manager
- Dwayne Pursley – Director of Operations
- Michael Wilson – Regional Culinary Director
- Gabriella Carrier – Sustainability Manager – Canada
- Joe Farrell – Executive Chef – Canada
- Shara Beaton – Senior Human Resources Manager – United Kingdom
- Suki Li – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager – China
- Susann Immig – District Manager – Germany
- Vanessa Yurchesyn – Account Manager – Canada
- Kate Warfield – Business Process Manager
- Laura O'Donnell – Zone Sales Manager
- Robert Stevens – Zone Sales Manager
Sports + Entertainment
- Shameka Akinleye – Executive Chef
- Andrew Childers – General Manager
- Greg Daily – Service Manager
- Joshua Simpson – Finance Supervisor/Controller
- Brian Gregorowicz – Food Service Director
- Ross W. Chasko – General Manager
- Shelley Double – Food Service Director
This year, Aramark will also recognize two emerging leaders from its Accelerate to Leadership (A2L) program, which offers recent graduates an accelerated career path to a leadership role within Aramark. A2L takes a dynamic “learn-by-doing” approach where program participants receive hands-on training and a depth of people management experience right away. The A2L honorees are:
- Alexander Yannopoulos – Operations Associate Manager (Healthcare+)
- Mia McGuin – Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Specialist (Corporate)
Aramark’s commitment to people is a core part of the company’s sustainability plan, Be Well. Do Well., focused on positively impacting people and the planet. Aramark’s people priority is to facilitate access to opportunities that will improve the well-being of the company’s employees, consumers, communities, and people in its supply chain.
About Aramark Young Professionals (AYP)
Aramark Young Professionals (AYP) was established with a mission to connect, engage, and empower young professionals and their allies through a community that cultivates our workforce of future leaders, enhances our workplace culture through inclusion, and helps bring value to the marketplace.
Through education, networking opportunities, and exposure to a wider range of the company’s business, young professionals are offered a better way to grow. AYP’s goal is to jumpstart career advancement and cultivate Aramark’s leaders of tomorrow, today.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world with food, facilities, and uniform services. Because our culture is rooted in service, our employees strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. Aramark ranked No. 1 In the Diversified Outsourcing Services Category on FORTUNE’s 2022 List of ‘World’s Most Admired Companies’ and has been named to DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” list, the Forbes list of “America’s Best Employers for Diversity,” the HRC’s “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality” and scored 100% on the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.