America’s Charities Appoints Kimberly Young as Director, Business Development to Expand Washington Area Presence
Washington, D.C., September 2, 2014 /3BL Media/ –America’s Charities has appointed Kimberly H. Young as Director, Business Development. Young joins America’s Charities from the Council on Foundations where she served as Director Corporate Services and Network Developer.
Young will direct and expand America’s Charities portfolio of employer solutions for Washington area companies and provide executive leadership for Community First, America’s Charities local affiliated organization serving the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. “We are thrilled that Kimberly has joined the America’s Charities team,” noted Steve Delfin, President and CEO, America’s Charities. “She brings exceptional experience and talent and will be a great asset as we continue to expand our employer, foundation, and charity partnerships in the Washington area.”
“I’m very excited to be joining America’s Charities,” said Young. “This is a unique opportunity to use my experience in both the corporate and nonprofit sectors to advance the organization’s work around employee engagement and nonprofit impact.”
Young brings more than 20 years of experience that intersects the corporate, nonprofit, philanthropic, and faith communities. In addition to the Council on Foundations, she served as community relations manager for Capital One in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Young holds a Master of Divinity from Evangel Theological Seminary and Bachelor of Business Administration & Human Resources Management from Strayer University, and certifications from Genesis International Coaching & Consulting Institute, LLC, Project Management Institute and The Northern Virginia Center for Pastoral Care.
About America’s Charities
America’s Charities is a mission-driven national organization that connects public and private sector employers with charities to engage employees in greater giving. The organization operates as a strategic consulting partner for philanthropic organizations, nonprofits and the business community to increase social impact. Based in the Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C., the organization’s portfolio of services include a range of employer solutions and strategic counsel and tools designed to achieve corporate social responsibility, philanthropic and related employee engagement objectives.
Specific solutions include:
- Strategy to align corporate, philanthropic and employee goals
- Employee workplace giving and year-round engagement strategy including employee workplace giving audits
- Charity vetting and performance indicator review
- Charitable funds collection, distribution, receipting and acknowledgement
- Matching gift programs
- Strategic nonprofit alliances and partnerships
- Employee engagement program assessment, design and management
- America’s Charities PledgeFirst™ and other technology platform assessment
- Cause/issue-focused campaigns and charity clusters, e.g. STEM, Children, Education, Health, Hunger and Homelessness, Women, Veterans
- Disaster relief and other special campaigns
- Employee assistance funds
- Donor advised and employee assistance funds
America’s Charities also provides a range of programs and services to help charities navigate and thrive in an environment of growing expectations. The organization does this by helping charities manage and leverage their corporate and donor relations; facilitating their participation in public and private sector workplace giving and employee engagement programs; and providing donor and financial management services designed to lower costs while expanding capacity and impact. Specific services include:
- Crafting and managing strategic alliances and partnerships with corporations (sponsorships, cause-marketing, employee engagement/volunteers)
- Revenue diversification
- Matching gift and workplace giving programs participation
- Assessment tools and strategic services to integrate accountability and performance standards into operations including guidance and support to understand and better leverage charity validators and reviewers such as Better Business Bureau’s Wise Giving Alliance.
- Public sector workplace giving analysis and eligibility assessment
- Advocacy and support
- Fiscal services including funds aggregation and distribution, donor receipting, acknowledgment, and tracking
About Community First of Greater Washington, D.C.
Community First – America’s Charities of Greater Washington, D.C. represents 27 local charities based in the Washington, D.C. area looking to expand their participation and reach in workplace giving and employee engagement programs.
For more information about America’s Charities employer and charity solutions, visit www.charities.org/solutions.